MixIt-Flo Flowable Liquid Screed Solutions
- MixIt-Flo Flowable Liquid Screed Solutions
- MixIt-Flo Flowable Liquid Screed is a specially formulated Liquid Screed that is used to create self-levelling, cementitious floor
MixIt-Flo Flowable Liquid Screeds are very responsive to underfloor heating; due to the fact that they can be laid in very thin sections and have a high thermal conductivity of up to 2.9w/mk. Since MixIt-Flo Flowable Liquid Screed is a cement based screed floor coverings can be applied much faster than calcium sulphate screeds which require a final moisture content of 0.5% which can delay floor finishings by months, whereas MixIt-Flo Flowable Liquid Screed can be tiled at a final moisture content of 5% and timber floors can be installed at a final moisture content of 2.8%; speeding up the entire build process. Compared with other liquid screeds which generally need to be forced dried with underfloor heating; MixIt-Flo Flowable Liquid Screeds can be used in non heated floors as it doesn't require force drying to remove moisture.
MixIt-Flo Flowable Liquid Screed is designed for use as a bonded thick levelling screed on concrete, as a floating screed over thermal or acoustic insulation, or as an unbonded screed on top of a plastic membrane. MixIt-Flo is compatible with all floor coverings and cementitious adhesives and floor levellers.
The freshly poured Flowable Liquid screed will need to be levelled using a dappling bar, ensuring to dapple the surface in two passes at 90 degrees.
- Key Benefits of MixIt-Flo Flowable Liquid Screed.
- Thinner sections compared to traditional screeds. 25mm above underfloor heating pipes.
- Larger floor area without joints (up to 150m2).
- Exceptional Thermal Conductivity (up to 2.9W/m.k)
- Reduced drying times: 5 days for tiling and 28 days for wooden floors in non heated floors, in heated floors 14 days for tiling and 21 days for wooden floors. This is dependent on drying conditions or after suitable moisture test.
- Self-compacting, no voids around under floor heating pipes.
- Can be polished for final floor finish (consult technical personnel).
- All floor coverings can be applied with no need for surface sanding.
- More thermal insulation can be used in floors, compared to traditional sand cement screed which leads to a better u value for your building.
- Minimal Drying Shrinkage (<0.05%).
- Foot traffic after 24 hours.
- Can be applied in wet areas.
- Can be forced dried after 7 days.
- Compatible with all cement based tile adhesive, no priming of surface required.
- No Surface Laitance (Dust) after curing.
- Easy Installation; up to 1000m2 per day (Reduces time & costs).
- Lower Running costs for underfloor heating systems when using MixIt-Flo. This is due to the exceptional thermal conductivity of up to 2.9W/mk and the ability to lay thinner screeds over the underfloor heating pipes.
- What to do next.
- Now that you know some of the benefits and uses of MixIt-Flo Flowable Liquid Screed , contact one of our support staff on 0207 538 2266 who can take you through the MixIt-Flo Flowable Liquid Screed order process or answer any queeries you may have. They will help you decide any extras you may need and book a delivery of MixIt-Flo Flowable Liquid Screed at a time that suits you.